Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chapter 26: Tonight, Tonight

"Time is never time at all
You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of youth
And our lives are forever changed
We will never be the same
The more you change the less you feel
Believe, believe in me, believe
That life can change, that you're not stuck in vain
We're not the same, we're different tonight
Tonight, so bright
Tonight..."

Tonight, Tonight--Smashing Pumpkins

AlicePOV

"Jazzy, that tickles," I said as my fiancé nibbled on my ear.

He gave me that dimpled smile that made me go weak in the knees. "You know you love it, babe."
I giggled and wrapped my arms around his back. He continued to kiss down my tummy until he reached my special place, or as he called it, my diamond. When his tongue made contact with my clit, I pulled on his curly blond locks and screamed.

Since I was so small, it was easy for Jazzy to flip me over. He maneuvered us so that I was on his face. Jasper's tongue was super amazing. He sucked on my nub like a lollipop. I increased my movements. I knew that I was close.

"Ride it, cowgirl," Jasper screamed between slurps.

That was all it took. I locked my knees and came hard all over Jasper's face. I could feel him smiling below me. It took me a few minutes to regain the feeling in my legs. Jazzy just held me and lightly stroked my backside.

When I could move again, he helped me lay down on his chest. The smooth yet rugged feel of his torso always drove me crazy. His clear blue eyes reflected love and lust. We shared a few smooches as I worked little Jazzy.

"I love you, Alice. You make me so happy. I'm not good enough to lick your designer boots."

I put my finger over his lips. "Jasper Whitlock-Swan, if I ever hear you say something like that again, I will burn your chess set. I love you, you….you big dummy!"

He held up his hands and smiled. "I'm sorry, fairy. Let me make it up to you."

He had a dangerous gleam in his eye. I yelped as he picked me up and pressed my body against the wall. My Jazzy was so much bigger than me, so it was easy for him to toss me around like a rag doll.

"Jazzy, put it in," I begged, squirming against his erection.

Every time he slipped into my heat, a feeling of home and happiness filled my heart. I held on for dear life as he pounded me against the wall. He buried his face in my healthy D-cup and licked my nipples. I was in heaven.

As all good things do, our lovemaking came to a glorious end. Jazzy spurted and twitched inside my cunny as I reached for the stars. He was always so good to me. After having such shit luck with men for most of my life, I had almost given up on love until I met him.

Eventually, Jazzy moved us from the wall. I held onto his shoulders as he laid me gently on the bed. We made out until my stomach grumbled. I giggled and kissed his stubbled jaw.

He kissed my bellybutton. "Looks like I need to feed you, lil darling," I loved when he used his Southern accent.

Jazzy always made sure that I ate the calorie intake that my doctor had prescribed. It had been several months since my stint in rehab, but I had to continue to take care of myself or else I would get sick again.

We cleaned up and dressed. Jazzy ordered Chinese food and we shared it around our kitchen island. He couldn't use chopsticks; even though I'd tried repeatedly to teach him, so I made sure he had a fork. I also tucked a napkin in at his collar because he sometimes made a mess and ruined his beautiful clothes.

We talked about Edward and Bella and their upcoming wedding. Jasper had pretty much raised Bella, so he was very overprotective of her. To hear him talk, you would have thought that she was six instead of twenty-five.

He and I were just putting some new ornaments on our Christmas tree when my phone began to go off. I knew that it was Bella because I'd programmed, Here Comes the Bride to play when she called. I answered at once.

"Hey, sis. What's up?" She was already my sister in my eyes.

The moment she answered, I could tell that she'd been crying. Jazzy set the bag of ornaments on the floor. I assured him that it was only 'girl stuff' and that I would be back in a minute. Then, I went to my private office and closed the door.

"Alice, we…we have to do the wedding tonight. Edward has to go away in the morning. I'm so sorry. I know you put in so much work, but it can't be helped," she sobbed into the phone."

I was speechless. My brother was leaving after his wedding? I knew how much he loved Bella. Something must have been seriously wrong if he was leaving. Bella's tears also made me panic.

"I'm not happy because I was so looking forward to Aspen, but we can put on the wedding tonight. Please, Bella, can you tell me what's going on? Is my brother in danger?"

She sniffled. "Edward will tell everyone what is going on later. I guess that we can just do the wedding here in the Penthouse…."

I scoffed. "There's no way I'm letting my new sister get married without some fuss."

I closed my eyes and concentrated. My mom always said I was a little fey. Sometimes, I got visions of things before they happened. I saw a vision of Bella in my parent's meadow. The lush greenery was the perfect background for her blooming body.

I smiled. "Bella, how do you feel about a wedding by Mom and Dad's meadow?"

She stopped sniffling and perked up. "That would be lovely, but it's too late, Alice…"

I tsked her. "Nothing is impossible for me. I will be upstairs to get you in thirty minutes. Wear something comfortable."

After I hung up, I went to the living room to tell Jazzy the news. He was even more worried than me. I did my best at talking him down. He went to the club before I went to fetch Bella.

I could feel the tension in the air the minute I stepped through the Penthouse. Edward kissed Bella and I on the forehead before sending us off with one of his huge bodyguards. Since I'd grown up in the Mafia life, I was used to having security present.

The guard put us in one of Edward's bulletproof eco-disasters and we set off. Bella buried her head in my shoulder and cried. I wiped her tears and assured her that everything was going to be okay.

Esme and Rose met us at the car. I had texted them beforehand so they would be prepared. We all circled Bella into a huge group hug. She laughed and told us how much she loved being a member of the Cullens.

My mom doted on Bella. She kept trying to get her to eat, but she didn't do much except nibble; that was very unlike pregnant Bella. I mean, this was the woman that carried a family-sized bag of Doritos in her over-sized Gucci purse!

Both mom and I had to use a lot of favors to get the things we needed to make the meadow beautiful. I called up the person who'd helped us at Thornewood to get a lst minute delivery of moth orchids. They were Edward and Bella's signature flower.

Rose was in charge of getting the gazebo ready. She was handy with tools and had an eye for making things look good. The men were all absent, but Jazzy texted me to let me know that he'd had a talk with Edward.
We let Bella nap for an hour because she was exhausted. After that, I had the same stylist from her engagement weekend come to help us get her ready. With the fee we agreed to pay, she was more than willing to come last minute.

My sister protested being treated like a human doll, but I was able to get her on my side. I just told her about how much Edward would appreciate her getting all beautiful for the wedding. She was a perfect angel after that.

Mom had one of the maids bring in tea and sandwiches before Bella's makeup was put on. She refused to do more than nibble. Rose and I shared a concerned look. My mom gave us a look that said, leave it alone', so we did.

I was in charge of doing Bella's hair. I'd had a lot practice doing it for the models of my fashion line. Her mahogany mane was gorgeous. If I didn't like my own carefree style, I'd grow it out. Well, maybe not. Jazzy loved my current style.

When I was halfway done with Bella's hair, she began to cry. "Alice, what…what if Edward doesn't really want to do this? What…what if I'm not a good wife or mother?"

I set the hair instruments aside and hugged her. "Bella, Edward loves you so much. He's been a changed man since you came into his life. I know how you feel. I worry about the same thing with Jazzy. All you can do is follow your heart. You and Edward have been through so much already. You both deserve some happiness. Don't let your fears and doubts ruin today."

She kissed my hand. "Thanks, sister. I promise to have fun tonight. Jazzy loves you too. You guys are soulmates."

Eventually, Rose came back from the meadow. She filled me in on the progress outside. I was pleased. If all went according to plan, this was going to be a lovely wedding. Of course that wouldn't stop me from throwing them another one when the timing was better. I loved to plan parties.

Rose winked at Bella. "I bet Slu—Edward is going to consume you tonight. Do you have anything special planned for the wedding night?"

Bella blushed and looked away. "Um, I…I was planning on giving Edward anal sex for the first time. It's about the only thing we haven't done."

I spit out the sparkling water I was drinking and almost collapsed. "Ewww, Bella. That's my brother. You have just given me the worst visual image ever!"

Suddenly those handcuffs I'd seen in Edward and Bella's Penthouse living room made sense. I always thought it was my brother who was into that stuff, but apparently, my new sis was a bit of a freak. I couldn't help but giggle at the thought. No wonder Edward looked so tired all the time.

When Rose started giving Bella tips on how to make ass sex pleasurable, I went to find my mom. There were just some things you were better off not knowing about your brother.

I found mom in the kitchen pressed against Carlisle. They were making out like naughty school kids. I loved my dad, because he was so much more loving than my real father. Plus, he put a sparkle in my mom's eyes that had never been there before.

Carlisle reached down and pinched Mom's butt. I cleared my throat loudly before they could go any further. They jumped apart, looking embarrassed. I just laughed and went to hug them both.

My dad twirled me around before excusing himself to go get dressed. He did stop to smack my mom's ass before he left. I pretended to now see because….ewwww. I knew that they had sex, but knowing and seeing were two different things.

Mom and I went over the catering menu. It was a feast big enough to feed several world armies. We would need it to feed Bella and some of the big guys that would be at the wedding. My brother's head of security, Felix, and my brother, Em, were like giants. I'd heard that Bella's friend Jakes was a big guy, too.

Rosalie came to join us. She told me that the stylist was going to finish Bella so that we could get dressed. Our bridesmaid's dresses were granite, almost black, and only one shoulder. We would be understated and not take away any attention from the bride.

After we dressed, we went downstairs to the styling station to see Bella. I gasped when I took her in. She was absolutely beautiful. If I knew Edward, this dress wasn't going to last the night unscathed. I made a mental note to ask Bella to make sure he didn't ruin it.

The white silk strapless concoction flowed down Bella's body. The crystals accentuated her rounded stomach. Her shoulders were bare, as to not draw away from her hair and jewelry. She looked like a goddess.

Rose, mom, and I surrounded her. The stylist left us alone so that we could have our moment.

"Bella, you look amazing," I cooed. The other women agreed.

Bella began to sob again. "This day is perfect so far. Thank you so much. I'm…I just miss my parents. They would have loved to be here today."

Esme pulled Bella into a hug, careful not to mess up her dress. "Bella, your parents are looking down you on you now. They would want you to be happy. You are not alone. Carlisle and I are you parents too. When you join the Cullens, it's for life. I love you so much, darling. You brought my son back from Hell."

Bella curled into mom and let herself be held. Rose and I were fighting back tears.

When I could compose myself, I took control again. "Okay, enough sap. If anyone gets their makeup smudged or messes up their dress, I will make their lives a living hell."

The stylist came back with three boxes on a silver platter. She had to go do another wedding, so I made sure she was paid and we all bid her goodbye. Her services were good. She would be doing me and Jazzy's wedding in San Francisco, too.

Bella looked a little pale, so Mom made her eat some crackers and drink some grape juice. We all took a flute and toasted her. It was time to present the final pieces of her outfit.

I went first. "Bella, I present to you something old," I said, handing Bella her mother's diamonds earrings, which I'd had cleaned to perfection. She cried softly as I leaned down to put them on her.

"Bella, I present to you something new," Rose said as she placed the Jubilee necklace around Bella's neck.

We'd had it cleaned and her initials engraved. Bella hugged Rose and cried even harder. I was going to have to touch up her makeup, but I didn't mind.

My mom went last. Her face was almost as wet as Bella's. "To my dear daughter, I present something old." She reached into the garment box and pulled out a beautiful veil. It had belonged to my grandmother and all the women in the family got married in it.

Rose and I attached it to Bella's hair as she hugged my mother. I couldn't stop the tears that fell from my own eyes. Even tough as nails, Rosalie, was crying. I was so happy to have my sisters.

Grandma and Grandpa Cullen were in Egypt and couldn't make it. They'd sent gifts and a video message for Bella and Edward, though. They promised to be at the baby's birth and the next wedding.

I texted Armand, Edward's stylist, to inform the men that it was time. I knew that Edward was going to look amazing in his tux. My brother was a fashion designer's dream. He looked great in everything. Now if only I could get him to do something about that wild hair of his.

Rose and I left Bella with Mom. I passed Jasper on my way out. He looked absolutely divine in his black suit. His pale blue eyes were red rimmed. He'd been crying again. I hugged him and whispered encouraging words in his ear.

The rest of the night went by in a blur. Edward's vows were so sweet and full of love that I almost thought that he'd been replaced by a Doppelganger. His eyes were only for Bella as Jazzy led her down the aisle. I shared a secret smile with my soon to be husband.

When it came time for the kiss, Edward got carried away. He picked Bella up and pretty much attacked her. Pastor Randall chuckled, Jazzy looked terrified, and Mom scolded Edward, which finally broke through the fog. Several guest looked away and cleared their throats.

We ate, danced, and drank for a long time. Bella was famished from not eating sooner. Edward watched her like a bird watches his prey. Everytime she took a break from her meal, he kissed her.

Since it was Christmas Eve, we gave ot gifts to the guests also. My brother was pretty much gone by then. Jazzy and I went to wish him luck and he barely noticed us.

The garter toss was as scandalous as the gazebo kiss. Edward used his teeth. The look that he shared with Bella was full of lust and need. He nibbled up her thighs a little before the guests started to clear their throats again.

Eventually, Edward and Bella left. My mom had gotten them a suite at a local five star hotel. I managed to stop Jazzy from going after the car to make sure Bella was okay. Then, we went to attend to the rest of the guests.

Something about weddings made me horny. Jazzy and I spent all night making love. We played our favorite role-playing game in which he was a cowboy and I was a damsel in distress. I rode Jazzy Jr. until my leg muscles gave out.

We had to get up early in the morning to leave for Chicago. Jazzy was a morning person like me, so we meshed well. I made sure that everything we needed was packed. It might be at least two days before I could go shopping again.

I slept on the car ride over. Jazzy held me in his lap and rubbed my tired muscles. We waited for Edward and Bella on the tarmac. Jazzy's eyes lit up when he saw his sister. He hugged Bella while I kissed Edward on the cheek.

Bella was wearing this god-awful Rudolph sweater. Edward seemed to like it, though. They sucked face for what felt like eons. When they broke apart, he pressed the nose causing the red nose on the sweater to light up. They both smiled.

Mom was going bonkers, so Dad had to drag her onto the plane. Bella was also going crazy. I kissed Edward on the cheek and wished him well. I would pray for his safety every night. Jazzy picked her up and carried her onto the plane. She fought and screamed as the airplane doors closed.

The flight was emotionally draining. All the women were crying, and all the men were trying to comfort the sobbing women. Bella was inconsolable. Her chest heaving sobs broke my heart. Both she and I fell asleep on Jazzy's shoulders.

When I woke up, we were landing in Chicago. Mom was doing a little better, but she was still shaking. I felt like a huge piece of myself was missing. Edward and I had been close when we were younger. We'd lost it over the years, but now we were bonding again. I loved my brother deeply.

After we got off the plane, Jane, Bella's bodyguard led us to another bulletproof SUV. Jazzy carried Bella because she was still in a deep sleep. He told me it was her mind's way of coping. He recalled that she'd slept for days after their dad, Charlie, passed.

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was just….off. I was glad that Rose, Em, and the boys were on another plane. I wanted them to be as safe as possible. I absolutely loved my nephews.

Jane helped Jazzy recline the passenger's seat and make Bella comfortable. She never stirred. We took the backseat. Jane made sure that everyone had on their seat belt, just in case there was trouble. I was glad that I wasn't the only one on alert.

Jazzy crushed my hand in his. "I love you, Alice. I promise to do everything I can to keep you safe. Don't worry, darling."

I snuggled into his chest as we got on road. The cars had been instructed to use the back roads for security purposes. We passed a cliff with Lake Michigan on it's side. I could see my parent's SUV in front of us.

All of a sudden, things started to go bad. Mom and Dad's SUV swerved. The driver sped up, trying to get them out of danger. I saw another fleet of eco-disasters rounding the corner.

Jazzy and Jane cursed and pulled out their guns. Jane called someone for backup. Bella woke up disoriented and confused. Something large, hit us from behind. Jazzy rolled down his window, leaned out, and fired several shots. I almost fainted.

Bella was screaming and using her hands to protect her baby. Jane sped up, but another car blocked out path. We were surrounded. I knew that there was only one way out of this. We had to get out of the car.

Jane turned to Jazzy. "You get Alice out and I'll get Bella."

He shook his head. "I'm not leaving my baby sis!"

Bella scrunched up her face. "Go, Jasper! Jane can get me out. Save Alice!"

We were hit by another huge SUV. Jazzy opened his door so that he could fire, but Jane swerved at the same time. He fell halfway out of our car. I grabbed onto his arm, but he was too heavy.

Jane was trying to drive and get Bella out of her seat belt. Jazzy tried to reach inside to help, but we hit a bump and he fell with me in tow. He rolled us mid drop so that he took the brunt of the fall.

Something in my upper body cracked as searing pain spread through my body. By then, reinforcements had arrived to help. They were too late, though. The new guards fired several shots trying to draw the attackers away from us. I couldn't see the SUV my parents were in.

When I looked down at Jasper, I saw that he was bleeding. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I had a sickening feeling that he was dead. I wouldn't live through his death.

As I laid on my back, in the middle of the cold road, I watched my worst nightmare come to life. The car that we'd just been in was rammed hard from the side, causing it to go off of the cliff.

The last thing I remembered was screaming in horror as I heard the explosion. There was absolutely no way that Jane got Bella out in time. My vision blurred with tears. The smoke burned my nostrils. My beloved sister and unborn nephew were dead.

I only had one thought: This is going to kill us all.

2 comments:

  1. I firmly believe Bella is alive and well. I'm dying to see what happens next and who the Executioner is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane is good, I'll give you that.. She has us all convinced.

    ReplyDelete