Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chapter 13: By Your Side

"You think I'd leave your side, baby?
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave when you're down on your knees?
I wouldn't do that
I'll do you right when your wrong
I -- ohhh, ohhh
If only you could see into me
oh, when you're cold
I'll be there to hold you tight to me
When you're on the outside baby and you can't get in
I will show you, you're so much better than you know
When you're lost, when you're alone and you can't get back again
I will find you darling I'll bring you home
If you want to cry
I am here to dry your eyes
and in no time you'll be fine..."

By Your Side—Sade
BPOV

"I don't know or care who's fucking out there, but trust that I'm going to kill you all! No one shoots at me or my girlfriend and lives!" 

~~LAMTAF~~ 
The minute I heard Edward's words my stomach dropped. I laid on the ground, trying to make sense of what was happening when gunfire erupted from every direction. I whimpered and covered my ears. Edward had shoved me behind a tree so that  I couldn't see anything, but I feared for his life. I wouldn't lose him.

"Haha, I killed you, you dumb motherfucker," Edward snarled. I was glad that he had taken out one of our attackers, but I couldn't take joy in someone losing their life.

I chanced a peek to see what was happening. A few of Edward's bodyguards had joined the melee, but the bad guys still outnumbered them. Edward would probably be mad at me for not running, but I was not going to leave him. I realized that I still had on my messenger bag, meaning I had a weapon. Well, not exactly a weapon, but the pepper spray Charlie always insisted I carry around. I looked out again and what I saw filled me with terror.

There were five men down in the clearing. Two were Edward's and the other three were our attackers. Edward's guys shot two of the bad guys, but one of Edward's men got killed in the process. As I stood shell shocked, the lone gunman fired a shot that hit Edward's personal guard. I didn't know his name, but I recognized his blue eyes and dark hair. Edward must have seen his protector go down because he began shooting with renewed vigor.

"Who sent you, you fucking coward?! Just give up and I may spare your life!" Edward's words only seemed to make the bad guy angrier. He fired a shot that came dangerously close to Edward's chest. I panicked and took out my spray.

They were a good twenty feet in front of me. Edward fired his gun. All I heard was a click signaling that he was out of bullets. The other guy was obviously having the same problem because he dropped his gun and rammed into Edward. They tussled on the ground for several minutes, both of them going for blood.

The bad guy was much bigger than Edward and was using his full strength to choke him. I had to get the attacker to come after me. Mustering up all my courage, I grabbed a stick and started banging on a tree. I knew my plan had worked when I heard the shooter's voice.

"Well, well, Cullen. It looks like your bitch didn't run after all. You should have trained her better, but now it's too late."

Edward pushed the bad guy off of him and went for his head. "Don't you ever call my babydoll a bitch, you asshole! You won't fucking touch her!" Just then the gunman's arm connected with his discarded gun. My blood froze as I watched him take the butt of the gun and hit Edward over the head.

"I'll finish you later," he spat. The attacker climbed off of Edward and advanced toward me.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are! We can have some fun, darling. I bet I could give you a better ride than Cullen here. If you're good to me, I'll give you an easy death."

I listened to his taunts in fear, not for myself, but for my Edward. The longer he stayed there bleeding, the better chance there was that he would die. I could scarcely make out his chest still moving, so he had to be alive. Quietly, I tugged on my motorcycle helmet. I tapped the stick to the side of a tree before going to the opposite end. When the bad guy came to investigate, I was ready.

"What the fu--?"

He didn't even finish his sentence before I sprayed him straight in the eyes. He sputtered and screamed, "You goddamn bitch! You're dead!" He started thrashing around, but he couldn't see me because his eyes were on fire. Eventually, he got dizzy and fell to his knees. I grabbed the large rock that I had spotted nearby and cracked it over his head. I kept doing it until he was lying unconscious.

After that, my adrenaline ran out and I just collapsed. I couldn't stay still long though because someone else might be coming. I took out the fuzzy handcuffs because I still carried them around. I would miss them, but I needed to tie up the bad guy. He had a faint pulse that let me know he was still alive. I had a feeling Edward and his people were going to want to find out all they could about this ambush, and this was the only hostage we had.

I took off my helmet and sprinted over to Edward. He was not moving, and his head was bleeding profusely.  I'd taken first aid and CPR classes since I was twelve, so I knew what to do. I removed my jacket and took off my cap sleeved top. I retrieved a bottle of water from my bag and used it to wet the garment. Then I applied the cloth to Edward's wound, making sure not to add too much pressure. When he was cleaned sufficiently, I slapped his cheeks lightly in an attempt to get him to wake up. After almost a minute, he opened his eyes.

"Bella? You have to get out of here." His words were slurred and he couldn't open his eyes all the way.

I leaned down and laid a gentle kiss on his lips. "I'm not leaving you, Edward. I love you so much."

That's when I broke down and started crying. Edward tried to soothe me, but he was barely conscious, so his attempts were half-hearted. He started to drift off again. I paced back and forth, trying to come up with a way to get us out of this situation. I didn't have a cell phone with me because I rarely carried it when I was with Edward, and his had gotten destroyed. I was almost about to give up and just start carrying him when I had an epiphany.

I sprinted over to Alec. He was bleeding from multiple bullet wounds. When I touched him, he spoke. I thought he was dead, so it came as a surprise.

"Ms. Swan? Are you okay?" I nodded, slightly confused as to why he was asking me about my health when he was the one dying.

"Good. There's a phone in my right pocket. Call the contact number for Marcus Volturi. Talk to him and tell him what happened. The phone has a GPS tracker. He can send help. My gun has a few bullets left. Keep it with you just in case."

I took his cell phone and dialed the number. A man, who I assumed was Mr. Volturi, picked up on the first ring.

"Alec? What the fuck is happening. We were attacked. We'll be in Italy tonight. Where is Edward?" Obviously Edward hadn't been the only member of the Volturi to be targeted today. I had never personally met or spoken to Marcus, but Edward considered him his surrogate father, so I knew that I could trust him.

"Mr. Volturi, this is Bella Swan. I'm Edward's girlfriend. We've been attacked on our vacation. Edward was hit over the head and can't move. Alec has been shot and his heart rate is slow. Two of Edward's other guards are dead. I'm sc-scared. Please send help."

He spewed a stream of curses, which reminded me of Edward. "Bella, you've done well. I need you to stay strong for me. I have men close by and I will have them trace the call. They should be there in twenty minutes tops. I want you to stay with Edward and Alec and keep them calm. I am sending a lot of men so don't be alarmed. Don't alert them to your location until you hear them say the word 'babydoll.' This will let you know they're mine. I have wanted to meet you for quite some time, but I wished it was under better circumstances. I'm going to hang up now because I have a crisis on my own end. Be safe."

I felt so relieved that I wanted to curl up and go to sleep with Edward. "Thank you, Mr. Volturi. I won't leave Edward's side."

He let out a strained laugh. "I never doubted you would. And please dear, call me Marcus." With that he hung up.

I checked Alec to make sure he was breathing. There wasn't much I could do for him. I bunched my jacket up and placed it on his side wound. I put his hand over it to help staunch the bleeding. Then, I pocketed the phone and gun and ran back over to Edward. His skin was flushed and sweaty. I felt his head and it was as hot as a stove. He had a fever. I reached in my bag and pulled out my travel bottle of Tylenol. I put two in his mouth and poured some water down his throat. He choked a little but managed to get the medicine down. His eyes were still closed and his breathing was slower.

"I'm here, Edward. I love you. Don't leave me. We have so much left to do together." My words seemed to soothe him a little. I knew that he shouldn't be sleeping because he probably had a concussion, but I couldn't keep him awake because he was in too much pain. I hugged him to my chest and prayed for his safety.

After what seemed like forever, I heard footsteps. I grabbed Alec's gun and pointed. Before I could really panic, I heard the safe word.

"I'm here!" I yelled, drawing attention to me and Edward. A big man with some kind of rifle came first. He was followed by a battalion of others, all carrying weapons. He looked at me, and then down at Edward.

"Miss. We're taking you in. Mr. Cullen will be okay."

I could only sob because I had been drained of all my energy. He handed me his jacket. I looked down at him in confusion until I remembered I was only wearing my bra, because I used my shirt and jacket to take care of Alec and Edward. I took it and mumbled a terse 'thank you.' Usually, I would have been embarrassed by something like this, but since I was worried about Edward, I barely noticed.

One of the men who rushed in was a doctor. He checked Edward and declared him okay, but unconscious with a head wound. He was more worried about Alec's gunshots. The guard that had given me his jacket barked some orders to several of the others before picking Edward up and carrying him to a waiting SUV. I followed close behind. When we got to the car, he helped me arrange Edward so that his head was resting on my legs. We took off before the door was even shut.

Edward was so pale just lying there. It was strange to see him like that, because he always looked so full of vitality. His thick eyelashes lay against his cheek and his perfect lips were pouting. I leaned down and kissed him, savoring his taste. I would have given anything to see his beautiful green eyes right then. I stroked his hair lovingly and murmured sweet nothings in his ear while we drove to our destination. I meant to ask where they were taking us, but the words never got past my lips.

It couldn't end like this. Making love to Edward had been the best moment of my life, and I wasn't finished. He was mine and I wanted him for a lifetime. I knew that he was probably going to use what happened today to drive a wedge between us, but I was not going to let that happen.

Before we made love, I might have been shaken, but after witnessing first hand the intensity of our love, I would never doubt again. Edward had taken me so fully and thoroughly that there was no doubt left in my mind that he loved me. I longed to feel him big and hard inside of me again, and I wasn't going to let anything or anyone keep us from our happiness.

As I continued stroking his hair, he started to wake up.

"Babydoll, are you okay?"

I leaned down and kissed his lips before answering. "Oh, Edward, I was so worried. I'm fine. It's you that I'm worried about."

He took several deep breaths before sitting up fully. "Fuck, this shit hurts," he said as he touched his head gingerly. I had never been so happy to hear foul language in my life. He turned to look at me. Whatever he saw made him upset.

"What the fuck happened to your clothes!? Did… did… one of them touch you?" His hand was shaking as he leaned forward to caress my cheek.

I leaned into his embrace. "No Edward, I'm fine. I took my shirt off and used it to clean your head wound, and I used my jacket to stop Alec's bleeding. No one touched me."

He pulled me into a fierce hug, and I clung to him for dear life. After he shushed me, I told him everything that happened. He listened with rapt attention.

"You could have fucking died! Why risk your life like that? I specifically told you to run." He was so angry that the words came out in a hiss. The guards in front turned around to look at him.

Edward snapped. "What the fuck is your problem!? What the hell happened back there?" Both of the men told him that they didn't know. They had just taken an order from Marcus and came at his request, and had no clue as to who attacked. They reiterated what I had already told Edward about the attack on the Volturi.

"Fuck. Shit. Motherfuckers!" Edward was pissed, to say the least. "When we get to our safe house, I am putting you on the first plane back to Seattle."

I had to let him know that I wouldn't be following that demand. "I'm not leaving without you, Edward. Where you go, I go. I love you."

My statement caused a whole new round of yelling and cursing from Edward. The guard who was driving looked at me through the mirror. His eyes told me I was crazy for refusing an upset Edward, but I didn't care. I had done it before and lived. What's the worst he could do?

"You never fucking listen, Isabella! It's fucking over! It was fun while it lasted. I always knew this goddamned day would come. No matter how much I wanted to keep you safe and separate from my world, it found you anyway. I will not get you killed."

I knew that this was coming, but Edward calling me Isabella had hurt. No matter how mad he got at me, he never called me that. It wasn't that I didn't like my name, it was just the one people who didn't know me used. Edward was my best friend and lover. I was Bella or babydoll to him.

I grabbed his jaw and turned his face to mine. "Nothing is over, Edward! We are in love. I'm not leaving you. So I got shot at, big deal. I knew the risks when I fell in love with you, and I'm willing to take them. Don't shut me out again."

He turned his head away, forcing me to drop my hand. I reached for him but he huddled on the other side of the SUV, closing me out. He stared out the window and refused to make eye contact. I turned to my window and let the tears flow. Low rough sobs came out of my mouth and filled the car. The two guards in the front looked back nervously, as if it made them uncomfortable to hear a woman cry. I didn't care.

Edward's head whipped around, and what I saw in his eyes chilled me to the bone. He had been angry at me before, but now his eyes held something else: disgust.

"Shut the fuck up, Isabella! You are a whiny, manipulative bitch! I will put you on that fucking plane myself, even if I have to drug your ass to do it. You have seen the gentled version of Edward Cullen, but that's not the real me. If you keep being stubborn and refuse to do what I fucking tell you, I will bring out the monster. So just sit there and be quiet, like a good girl."

I wanted to slap him so bad, but he was injured. I was stunned. He had never spoken to me like that. Maybe I didn't know the real Edward Anthony Masen Cullen at all.

"Go to hell, Edward! I have seen the monster, and he didn't scare me. Don't threaten me again." Apparently, that was not a smart thing to say, because before I could blink, he had me shoved up against the door.

"Pull the fuck over!" he barked to the guards. When they stopped, he pulled me out of the car. He signaled to a black car that was directly behind us, and they pulled over. A man got out, and Edward shoved me to him.

"Benjamin, I need you to keep Ms. Swan safe. Make sure she gets to the house and keep her inside. You have my permission to sedate or tase her if she gets out of hand."

I tried to pull away, but the guy's hold was impenetrable. "Wait, Edward! Please don't leave me. I'll be quiet. I love you. I want to stay with you. Please."

He turned to face me. In his eyes was the previous anger, but behind that I could see the vulnerability. "Just go, Bella. I'll see you at the house later."

My eyes filled with tears as I watched him get into his SUV to be driven away. The guard, Benjamin, helped me into the car and buckled my seat belt before taking off. There were three men total. One of them tried to make conversation with me, but I ignored them all and continued staring out my window.

I had vowed not to leave Edward's side, and he'd made me break my promise. He called me a 'whiny, manipulative bitch.' Was that really how he saw me? Could all his declarations of love have been a lie? No. He was mad; there was no way that he meant those things. I held onto that thought as I drifted off to sleep.

I vaguely remembered someone carrying me inside a house and putting me into bed. Soft hands removed my clothes and braided my hair. Every time that I tried to wake up, a dense fog pulled me back in. I had nightmares about Edward leaving me and making love to other women. I cried until my throat burned. I must have slept through the night because when I awoke, there was sunlight streaming through the windows.

The room I had been placed in was beautiful. It was done in purple and blue. Everything was silk and satin. The floors were covered with colorful rugs. There was a large flatscreen TV mounted to one wall. There was also a vanity area, large closet, and glass doors leading out to a balcony. The breeze flowing in through the doors was warm, so I knew I had to still be in Italy. I went over to a small table and took the glass of water that was sitting there, drinking it all down in two gulps.

"Thirsty, are you, sweetheart? I can get you something to eat if you'd like."

I spun around to locate who that voice belonged to. Standing in my doorway was a beautiful older Italian women with long dark hair pulled up into a bun. She had a voluptuous figure and glowing tanned skin. She was wearing a bright yellow dress, and I couldn't help but smile when I saw her.

"Hello. I'm Bella... and you are?"

Her smile was radiant as she walked over to me. "I'm so sorry. I'm Didyme, Marcus' wife. Everyone calls me Di, though." I took her hand, and I swear I felt instant happiness.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Edward's…" I broke off because I didn't know what I was anymore. For all I knew, he was going to introduce me as his secretary. I broke out into a fresh round of tears.

Di wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back. "Hush, hush, dear. It's going to be alright. You're Edward's girlfriend. He is madly in love with you. My husband finds that quite amusing because Edward usually doesn't do relationships." I wanted to believe that Edward was still in love with me, but my mind kept going back to the fight we'd had in the car.

"He hates me now. He wants to break up with me and send me home."

Di stroked my hair. "Don't worry darling. I'm not going to let him send you anywhere. Edward is like my son, and he knows better than to go against me. Just let me handle everything." I had only known her a few minutes, but I liked her. She reminded me of Esme.

"Thank you, Di. I love him so much. I want him to marry me and for us to raise a family. He is my life."

She smiled and patted my leg. "Men can be stubborn, dear. It's a woman's job to lead them in the right direction without them knowing it. If it wasn't for us, they would wander blindly, just fighting and killing each other all day long. You just have to have patience."

We chatted about a lot of stuff, including the attack in Chicago. It turned out that Marcus was just about to handle the Russian situation when he got a call. James' father Stephen had been killed by one of his men, so James was now the head of that Organization. This hadn't gone over well with the other groups. James had already killed the man that killed his father and declared his reign without getting permission.

Marcus knew that it wasn't the Russians who attacked the Volturi because they were embroiled in their own crisis, and didn't have enough time to pull off something this big. Di told me that she and Marcus both believed it was someone on the inside. I was surprised that she and Marcus talked so freely about his work. She assured me that it was essential that they be able to communicate when married to such a powerful man. I agreed, and hoped that one day Edward would let me in the way Marcus did Di.

I had to admit, knowing the enemy was in Marcus' Organization was scary. I hadn't met most of them, but it could be anyone. Di and I finished our conversation, and she left me alone to shower. I stayed in there a long time, just thinking about Edward.

After I finished, I put on a robe and went to the bedroom to get dressed. I had hoped that Edward would be there waiting, but he wasn't. Thankfully, someone had brought our bags and clothes. I changed into a pair of fitted white capris. I added a hot pink strapless halter top and my ballerina flats.

The top had rhinestones around the bust, so the only jewelry I put on was my old diamond earrings. I didn't wear Edward's necklace because it would make me sad. I used copper clips to pull the front part of my hair back. I glanced in the mirror and decided that I looked okay.

When I was done, Di stepped back into the room. "You look lovely, sweetheart. Come and have lunch with Marcus and me. Gianna and Caius will join us. Gigi told me that you two already met. I'm sure Edward will be along shortly."

If his godfathers were here, then where was Edward? I was so worried about him, and he hadn't even phoned anyone to give me a message. Di led me to a lovely parlor with antique as well as modern furniture. There were also expensive Italian tapestries hanging from the walls.

A lanky man stood up to greet us. He wrapped his arms around Di and kissed her on the forehead. His black hair hung to his shoulders and his eyes were dark and fathomless. He had an imposing aura about him. To be honest, he scared me.

"Hello, you must be the lovely Bella. Edward is quite infatuated with you, my dear. You have been good for him. I owe you a debt of gratitude for keeping a calm head and calling me for help. You are quite the enchantress. I can see why my godson has fallen so deeply in love." He kissed my hand, and I started to cry again.

He turned to Di to ask her what was wrong, but she just replied, "Women's things," and he left it alone.

Marcus wanted to know all about my life. He was especially interested in the fact that my father had been Chief of Police. We all laughed at the irony of me falling for a man like Edward despite that fact. I started to like Marcus. He looked scary, but he was well read and had an easy wit. I could tell he worshiped the ground Di walked on.

Eventually, I worked up the nerve to ask the question I had been avoiding up until now.

"Marcus, do you know where Edward is? Has he called to ask about me? Is he okay?" He looked down at his shoes before answering me.

"Bella, as I'm sure you well know, Edward can be difficult. He is understandably very upset right now. He has ordered me to send you back to Washington, but I refused because I think it's too dangerous. He and I disagreed on this matter, and he's gone off to stew. He is well protected and should be here later." I wanted him here now, but I was willing to take what I could get.

Di and Marcus explained that we were at their wine vineyard in Chianti. The villa we were staying in was over a hundred years old and overlooked the valley. Marcus assured me that it was safer than the Pentagon. Many of the vineyard workers were armed and ready to defend if needed.

Di promised to take me out to work in the fields if I felt like it. I loved grapes, and I'd always wanted to see how wine was made, so I agreed. Besides, it would be a welcome distraction to keep my mind off of Edward.

Soon after our conversation, Caius and Gianna arrived. Gianna, or Gigi as she told me to call her, kissed me on the cheek and introduced me to her fiancee. I shrieked and jumped when I saw the man whose hand she was holding.

He was the palest person I had ever seen. His hair was milk white and his eyes were slate gray. His lips were a dark pink and provided the only color on his body. His arms were hairless and just as white as the rest of him. Where Marcus was night, Caius was day. I knew what he was before he told me, so I felt I had to apologize for my actions.

"I'm so sorry, Sir. Edward speaks so highly of you, but he never told me you were an Albino. Please accept my sincere apology."

He took my hand and kissed the back of it. "You are forgiven, Bella. I must say, you are even more unique than Edward led me to believe. Most people just call me a freak and cower in fear, but you didn't. You have guts. I like you."

Of course I blushed. They all made comments about how lovely the color staining my cheeks made me look.
It turned out Caius and I had a lot in common. We spent most of lunch talking about books. We had the same taste in the classics, and he promised to show me his collection at a later date. Surprisingly, I fit in and even managed to charm them. I was very happy because this was Edward's second family, and I wanted them to like me. We were on the dessert course when the dining room door swung open.

Standing there was Edward. He was a sight for sore eyes. He had stubble again, which made him look even sexier, and he was wearing a dark blue pair of pants and a sky blue v-neck shirt. I could see the top part of his chest, and my panties became wet. My body had craved him last night. I missed his touch. His hair was a in its usual untamed mess. His eyes were dark and hooded. I hated that look because it meant Edward was brooding. He kissed Di and Gigi on the forehead before plopping down in the chair across from me.

"Hello, Edward. I missed you." His eyes flickered my way for a moment before he went back to ignoring me. I was ashamed that he was treating me like I didn't matter.

Di saw my tears and spoke up on my behalf. "Edward, your girlfriend just said hello to you. I know dear Esme did not raise you to be such a rude man."

He looked over at her. "She's my ex-girlfriend, Di, and I'm not speaking to her."

I couldn't stop the loud sob that came out of my mouth. "Don't do this, Edward. I love you. Please."

Marcus stood up to address Edward. "That's enough! You are being an asshole, young man. Bella has been nothing but kind and gracious. She spent the whole night tossing and turning worrying about you, and you're treating her like a leper. If you're going to be mad, be mad at me. Bella saved you and Alec's life. You owe her your respect."

Edward snorted. "I don't owe her a goddamned thing. She doesn't belong here. She had her fun. Now either you put her on the fucking plane, or I will go over your head and do it my damn self."

Caius broke up the argument. "Edward go to your office and stay there. That is an order. I will not listen to you speak to your godfather or Bella in such a manner. Don't leave until we give you permission."

Edward stood up and pointed at me. "I see she's got you all under her little fucking fingers. By next week, she'll be a memory, but I'll still be here. Remember where your loyalty lies." He exited the room, shooting daggers at me the whole way.

I had done nothing to deserve his hate. I was sick of begging him to let me stay, so I got up to follow him.

"Excuse me. Marcus, Caius, do either of you mind if I go talk to Edward?" They shared a worried look but both nodded their heads. Caius gave me directions to Edward's office, because the villa was huge and it was easy to get lost

When I got there, I saw Edward talking to a young woman. She was stroking his chest and whispering in his ear. He wasn't trying to fight her off. I got angry and ran up to them.

 I poked Edward in the chest. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

He said something in Italian and the woman disappeared. She was pretty in a slutty kind of way.

Edward pushed me into the office and then slammed the door. "Listen, Isabella, I'm going to make this as simple as I can for you. We are fucking over. You are my ex-girlfriend. I can fuck any bitch I want because I don't belong to you. Now get your ass back upstairs and start packing. You're leaving in an hour."

I balled my fists up but I didn't punch him because, despite his show of arrogance, I didn't want to aggravate his head injury.

"I'm not going anywhere, Edward. Marcus said I can stay, so I'm not leaving. We are not over. You love me and I love you. You are just trying to push me away because of the ambush, but it won't work. You will not touch another woman while I'm around."

I was shocked that my voice sounded so smug and sure, because I was a bundle of nerves on the inside.
He walked over to the bar to pour himself a drink. Then, he tilted his head and roared with laughter. When he calmed down, he spoke.

"Who the fuck are you to tell me what to do?! You're just some little bitch that was determined to pop her cherry. Sure, we shared some secrets and had some great times, but it's over now. I don't want you anymore. I've had you in bed, and although you're responsive, you lack the necessary skills to keep me interested."

It was my turn to succumb to laughter. "You have to do better than that Cullen. You enjoyed making love to me and you do want me. You love me. All your actions show it."

He gulped down the liquor and poured another. "I did enjoy fucking you, but I'm bored now. You're not going to learn any new tricks and I don't have the time to teach you. Besides, you're not my type. Sometimes a man just wants to get a piece of the strange; you know, different ass. Normally, I like huge breasts and narrow hips. Your tits aren't big enough to feed the shitmakers you supposedly want, your hips and ass should have their own zip code, and you're a shrimp. Sorry, but if I ever have kids, I don't want them to be freaks of nature."

I could only stand there, gawking at him. "You… you… love my body. Your hands spend more time on my hips and ass than mine do. I am the same height as the average woman. When we have children, I guarantee you they will be well fed, that is if I can pry your mouth off my nipples. Our children will be beautiful. Sure I may not be model material, but I know you find me attractive."
Something flashed in his eyes. It was brief but I still saw it.

He smirked. "That woman you just met has sucked me dry in every way possible. After I get your stubborn ass on the plane, I am going to fuck her right on top of this desk. Oh, and by the way, you're fired. I'll pay the rest of your contract, and you can keep everything I bought for you. I can place you at one of my friend's companies. Try to keep your fucking legs closed this time, because screwing your boss is slutty."

I walked over to the bar and poured myself a drink. The vodka burned going down, but I needed it to keep my resolve. I didn't believe any of the shit Edward had just told me. He was purposely trying to make me leave him, and I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

My eyes never left Edward's as I drank the Stoli. When I was done, I licked the rim of the glass. Edward squirmed and lowered his eyes. He looked up when I started walking over to him. I put a little extra sway in my hips. They drew his eyes like a magnet. I could see his erection straining through his pants.

Yeah right, he so doesn't want me. Who is he fooling?

"Who are you calling a slut? The last time I checked, you were the one who had banged everything with a vagina. I, on the other hand, have only slept with one man, and that's you. That girl may have pleasured you, but I owned you--I still do. I am not getting on an airplane, and I am not leaving my job. I never plan to 'screw' anyone else but you. You're the only one that ever managed to pry my legs open. You're stuck with me. Deal with that, Mr. Cullen."

I was feeling good for standing up to Edward without using physical violence. That was until he called me a 'cunt,' and I lunged for him. We both crashed to the floor in a tangle of arms and legs. We wrestled around, both trying to subdue the other. I was so angry that I was going for Edward's eyes. He was trying to pin my arms.

"You will fucking listen to me, Isabella!"

I spat in his face. "My name is Bella--or babydoll to you--and I'm not going anywhere."

He let out a litany of curse words that would make an HBO comedian blush, but he never physically hurt me.
Since he was stronger than me, he managed to drag me up.

"You want to play with the grown ups, then I'm going to treat you like one. Turn the fuck around!" I did what he said. His hands roamed over my ass. "You like punishment, don't you, Isabella?" I didn't answer. He slapped me on the butt.

"Mmm, that feels good, Edward." He cursed and hit me again and again. After awhile, I was meeting his hand because it felt amazing. He wasn't hurting me at all. Edward's hands always sent a jolt of electricity through my body.

He trailed his fingers down my side. Then he shocked me by tearing my capris and underwear off in one swoop. I looked down to see them in tatters.

"Edward those were new. You're going to replace them." I heard him snort. I lost all thought after that, because he started smacking my butt again. I pushed back to give him better access.

"You like that, don't you tigress?"

He pushed me down.  "Bend over the fucking desk and don't move until I tell you to."

I was dripping, because despite his tone, this was the most erotic thing we'd done so far. I felt him lower the zipper to my halter top and slide it off--it fell to the floor in a heap.

"Well, at least you didn't ruin my top."

He responded by smacking my ass again. The desk was cold and smooth. It felt wonderful to my puckered nipples. I moaned loudly.

"Shit. If you insist on being a whore, I'm going to fuck you like a whore. After this, we won't ever see each other again, so you better enjoy it. I doubt you'll ever meet another fucker who's going to pound you like I do. Enjoy, Ms. Swan."

I called him a bastard, and he smacked me again. Then, I heard him unzip his pants. He reached in front to play with my clit. I was so aroused that I came all over his fingers at once.

"Mmm, Edward. That was so hot."

He smacked me. "Did I tell you to fucking speak? Shut the fuck up!" His hands snaked around and he began playing with my nipples. I pressed my breasts into his hands. His tongue licked my ear, causing the most amazing sensations. I reached around to touch him.

"Keep your fucking fingers on the desk!" I followed his orders while he squeezed my supposedly non existent breasts and pulling my hair. "Fuck! You want it bad, don't you, Swan." I whimpered and nodded because I couldn't talk.

He stuck a finger in my dripping center and I screamed. He put his hand over my mouth. "Hold it down!" I licked his hand until he dropped it. He put in two more fingers and I started riding them.

 "Bend over. I'm going to fuck you within an inch of your life, Swan. You'll be lucky if you can stand." His threats didn't scare me. Edward could be cruel, but he would never purposely hurt me.

"Do your worst, Cullen."

He entered me in one hard thrust. I cried out because it felt so good. He put his hand over my mouth again while grunting in my ear. I felt him lean down to kiss my neck. I became even wetter and pushed my hips back to meet his thrusts. We were going at it like animals, both of us were making a lot of noise. I couldn't stop the sounds that bubbled out of my mouth. Edward was saying 'fuck' over and over again as he pounded into me. The heavy desk was moving slightly from the force. His fingers twisted and pulled my hair. I felt that familiar coil and knew that I was coming. My muscles tensed up before my body exploded.

I gripped the desk and screamed Edward's name. He licked my neck and continued his thrusting. His movements were more frenzied now, and his breathing was irregular. He lifted me up a little so he could knead my breasts. I came again biting down on the wood. I wanted to touch him, but he wouldn't let me move.

Edward relentlessly hit my good spot as if his manhood was made for me. He was very large and filled me up to the brim. I loved the way he stretched my walls. I pushed back into him one last time and he shot his load. I began orgasming over and over again. He wrapped his arms around my body as we shuddered together. Then, he laid on my back for a while until he could catch his breath.

Minutes later, h lifted me up and turned me around. His eyes weren't hooded anymore. He was my Edward again. He wrapped his arms around me and we kissed until I felt dizzy. I sucked his tongue into my mouth and bit lightly, making him groan. We broke apart to sit down on the couch.

."I'm sorry, babydoll. You know I didn't mean any of that shit I said. I was trying to make you hate me so you'd leave. Are you okay? Was I too rough?"

I kissed his sweaty jaw. "You're forgiven. I knew what you were up to. I'm fine, and I like it rough." His eyes bugged out of his head as I smiled. "You're stuck with my tiny breasts and huge ass for life."

He groaned and took a nipple in his mouth, staring into my eyes as he sucked it until it was red as an apple. My vagina spasmed.

"Bella, you know that shit was a lie. Your tits are perfect, and you have the finest ass of any woman I've ever met."

I pretended to think it over. "Mmm, I don't know, maybe I should get implants so I look like that Jess girl that gave you a blowjob in your office."

He bowed his head. "Fuck, babydoll. I told you we didn't do anything that night. The only woman I want to fuck in my office is you."

I pulled his head back down to my breast. "I know. I'm just messing with you."

He bit down on the underside of my breast and sighed. "How is it that you always see through my bullshit? I fucking love you, Bella."

I ran my fingers through his hair. "I have a good bullshit detector. I love you too, Edward, even though you are a pain in my huge ass."

He chuckled. "You're never going to let that one go, are you?" I shook my head no.

Edward lay down and pulled me on top of him. He hugged me hard. "I was so scared that you were going to be hurt. I never wanted my shit to interfere with your life. I want to thank you for staying with me and saving my life. Alec is out of surgery and should be fine too. That guy you cornered and handcuffed was questioned, but he didn't know anything useful. He's just a fucking patsy. I can't believe you used our sex cuffs to tie him down. The guys thought that was fucking hilarious. You're a goddamned heroine, Swan."

I kissed his shoulder. "I'm not. You give me courage, Edward. I couldn't leave you behind. I love you. I am sad to lose our cuffs, though. We had some good memories with those things."

He laughed and rubbed my back. "I promise to get you a whole trunk load."

The thought of Edward and me having sexy play-time bondage made me as horny as a gerbil. I shimmied up so that I could reach his mouth. We touched and kissed for a long time. The tears over what happened came and went. When they were gone, we still had our love.

I reached down and started playing with Edward's big boy. He was already hard again, so I used my hand to guide him to my center. He had been dozing, but I got his full attention with that move. I put both hands on his chest and began riding him. I went down on him hard, taking in the whole length. His erection was hitting all the right places. I screamed his name as I came again. I continued to ride him, taking time to lean down and kiss his lips. I didn't stop there, though. I kissed his eyes, his ears, his nose, every piece of skin I could reach.

He snarled when I sucked in his earlobe. "Fuck. Forget the guns and shit. You're going to be the death of me." I smiled and rode him harder. He reached up and started playing with my clit. I put both hands on his thigh and changed the angle. I was impaled on him. When I cupped his balls, he spewed. The feel of Edward's hot cum hitting my walls triggered my orgasm. I collapsed on top of him. Our hearts were beating out of our chests.

Someone pounded on the door. "What the hell is going on in there? Bella, are you all right?" It was Marcus.

I looked down at Edward and then I started giggling. He looked like a large satisfied lion. His bronze hair was everywhere and his eyes were lit up like a streetlight. He tried to shush me but that only made me laugh harder.

"Well, you can hear her giggling like a goddamned fool, so I guess she's okay. We're fine, Marcus. We made up. Please send one of the maids to bring us both a robe down."

I was still guffawing. Edward smacked my butt. Marcus apologized and said that he would send someone. I finally managed to get myself under control.

When I looked up, Edward was staring at me intently. "You're a strange woman, Bella. You almost got killed the other day, and it doesn't even faze you."

I laid my hand on his cheek. "Edward, you can die at any time anywhere. Life is too short to have regrets. I love you, and I would rather spend one minute with you than a lifetime without you."

He kissed me and I was working my hand down to his penis again when he stopped me. "Babydoll, if you want me to go on living, you will keep your hands to yourself."

I just licked my lips and smiled. Edward groaned and went over to open the door and retrieve our robes. We had no problem with nudity around each other, but I didn't think his godfathers would appreciate us walking around naked all the time. He helped me into my robe before we exited.

We snuck upstairs and sat down on the couch. There was already food on the table. A note was beside our trays:

I thought you might need this after your session. Bella, I told you it would all work out. See you later, darling. Oh, and Edward: upset her again and I will come after you.
Love, 
Di

My cheeks were blazing with the realization that they had indeed heard us. Edward read the note and smirked. He pulled me down in his lap and we took turns feeding each other. After awhile, we were full and happy, but I had questions. I was tired of being in the dark.

"What is happening, Edward? Who attacked us?

His fingers caressed my forearm. "We don't know. It wasn't the Russians because they have their own fuckery going on right now. I can't believe that motherfucker James took his father's place. There is no way in hell I would ever work with him. My friend Liam is investigating from his end. Most of the Italians are loyal to us and are appalled at the attack. If we can be infiltrated, they fear for their own safety. We're going to stay here until it's safe for us to return to America. I love you, babydoll, and I promise to keep you safe."

I turned around to look him in the eye. "Do you trust all of your Organization? You said it was an inside job."

He sighed. I could tell that this had been weighing on him too. "Can you really ever trust anyone besides yourself? I would like to think that everyone is loyal to us, but people can be corrupted."

I kissed him. "You can trust me. I would die for you, Edward."

He closed his eyes. "I know that, Bella. I trust you, too. I wouldn't want you to die for me, though, because I can't live without you. I love you."

We were turning into two sentimental fools, so I decided to lighten the mood. I leaned down and bit Edward on the chest.

 "Ouch! Fuck! What did you do that for?" For an answer, I punched him in the stomach. He bent over in pain. He was looking at me like I was demented.

"That, my love, is for calling me a 'cunt' and a 'bitch.' Remember revenge is swift, and always comes when you least expect it."

With that I stood up and walked to the bathroom. It took five seconds for him to follow me.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean any of it," he said as he nibbled on my neck.

I giggled. "Now if you don't mind, my gigantic ass, disfigured breasts, and I are going to take a shower."

He scooped me up and smacked me on the butt. "Babydoll, you have the best tits and ass in the world, and I'll keep saying that until you let me live down my moment of shame."

We engaged in some very sordid water sex, which involved me being pounded against a tile wall. I was sure that my back was painted with bruises, but it felt too good to stop. Eventually, we managed to get out of the tub.

I put on one of Edward's t-shirts and he put on his boxers. I set my alarm for six in the morning so that I could go the vineyard. Edward declined, saying he hated manual labor. I asked him if he was planning to keep his appointment with the girl that was trying to molest him earlier. He smacked my rear and told me to shut up.

I turned to him. "How come you never told me your godfather Caius was an Albino? I was shocked when I saw him."

He smirked. "Well, neither Jasper nor Alice told you either, so if you punish me, you have to do the same for them. Honestly, I didn't tell you because I've known him so long that I don't notice it. I'm sorry for keeping it from you. If it makes you feel any better, I can already tell you've won him over with your extreme nerd skills."

I pulled Edward's hair hard and kissed his forehead. "I love you," we both said at the same time. We fell asleep spooning each other.

All night I had erotic dreams about Edward. Some of them must have been real; because when I woke up, my shirt was bunched up to my neck and my panties were curiously missing. There was also sticky wetness on my thighs.

I glanced over at Edward. He had a small smile on his lips and his hand was on his abdomen. The sheet was pushed down to his stomach, so I raised it and looked down. He was gloriously naked. I thought about waking him up with a blowjob but decided against it. Sighing, I grabbed my water off of the nightstand. Then, I leaned over and poured it on the sheet near Edward's privates. I snickered. That would teach him to have fun when I was sleeping.

I stood up and went to the bathroom to get dressed. I chose a pair of short blue jean shorts and a red t-shirt, which I tied at the waist, leaving my stomach on display. My hair was everywhere, so I just pulled it into a messy ponytail. When I got downstairs, Di and Gigi were waiting. We all took a breakfast pastry and coffee to go.

The vineyards were wonderful. There was fertile land as far as the eye could see. It felt good to put my hands in the cool Earth. The workers were really nice. A lot of them brought their kids out to work or keep them company. I braided a little girls' hair during our break. Di was extremely well liked and everyone treated her with respect. She told me funny stories about Edward when he was little. Gigi was less talkative, but she was still friendly. The day went by quickly and before I knew it, it was almost time for dinner.

A woman next to me took off her handkerchief and asked if I could give it to her husband. I said yes and headed in the direction she pointed. Before I got there, I saw Gigi and some man standing off to the corner.
 They were in a heated discussion, but it was in Italian so I couldn't understand what was being said. Neither one of them noticed me, so I continued on to the worker's husband. He thanked me and asked me to give his wife his thanks. I worked for another hour and a half before Di made me go in. Gigi had quit a while ago because she had a headache.

It seemed Edward had been driving the vineyard foreman nuts by trying to come in to see me. Di had instructed the man to keep him away as a little payback for the way he treated me earlier. I laughed because he was going to be so pissed, which meant dirty, sweaty make up sex. I swear I could feel my clit flex in anticipation.

The moment we got through the door, Edward wrapped his arms around me. His long fingers stoked my bare stomach, making me moan. He kissed me passionately until Di cleared her throat. He gave her a sheepish, 'sorry,' but didn't stop kissing and stroking my neck.

She just laughed and ruffled his hair. "It's good to see you in love, bambino. It suits you." He gave me one of his adoring gazes which left me breathless.

I couldn't resist. "Di, remember that story you told me about Edward wetting his bed when he was five." She nodded. "Well, I'm afraid he still has that problem."

She looked shocked. Edward made a strangled noise.

I laughed. "I'm just kidding, you guys. Edward, I poured water on you when you were asleep. That will teach you to play with me when I'm trying to rest."

His eyes got dark. I knew what was coming so I ran for the stairs. Edward caught me and lifted me over his shoulder. "You little devil. I was worried all fucking day that I might have kidney problems. You will make it up to me." I giggled and let him carry me the rest of the way.

We spent one of the best hours of my life engaging in Jacuzzi bathtub sex. Edward grilled me about my day in the field. He wanted to know if any guys had touched or talked to me. He told me that he had paid a few to watch me but had to make sure. I was angry that he put spies on me so I slapped him. He just smirked and kissed my hand.

Caveward also chastised me for wearing a 'skimpy ass' outfit in public without him. I rolled my eyes as he droned on about how I belonged to him and he didn't want some guy 'eye-fucking' me. I wasn't even sure what that meant, but I didn't ask. When he started complaining about me showing my bellybutton, I pulled his hair. That led to some intimate touching, a quiet Edward, and a very happy Bella.

He dressed and went downstairs first, because he had to talk to Marcus. I put on a pretty golden sundress and piled my hair on top of my head. I added shoes and my birthday necklace before leaving the room. I was curious about the villa, so I decided to explore a little bit. All the rooms were magnificently furnished. A room on the second floor caught my attention. The door was partially opened and I could see a shelf of books; it was a library.

I was just about to step in when I heard Gianna. For some reason, she was crying. "I wished it could have been different Cai, but you Volturi took him away from me. They will all pay. It will all be mine, just as it should be."

I didn't hear Caius answer. There had to be a reason that he wasn't replying. Who was she talking about? Was she going to kill every member of the Organization, including my Edward? I was starting to panic.
I opened the door wider to get a better look. Inside Caius was lying unconscious on the floor. Gigi was poking him with her stiletto. There was a plate of food on the table in front of him. I deduced that she had poisoned it.

I must have been breathing heavily because she looked up. Our eyes met. Hers were crazed and angry. I'm sure mine looked fearful. I turned to run, but even in high heels, Gianna was faster. I tripped on the carpet and she caught me.

She stood over my quivering body. "Bella, I really wished you hadn't seen that. I really liked you. I was going to make your death painless, but now it's too late. You've seen too much."

She had a small handgun pointed at my head. I watched her pull a vial out of her breast. "Drink this. It will take about ten minutes to kill you." I stared at her in horror. "It makes it look like you had a heart attack. Your precious Edward will suffer, but then I'll off him, too. His death will be more painful than yours so consider yourself lucky."

I begged her not to hurt Edward, but she just shrugged and laughed.

After that, everything happened in slow motion. Gianna turned around, and I saw blood everywhere. There was a massive hole in her head when she fell to the ground. Her beautiful face was etched in terror and surprise.

Behind her was Caius, holding a smoking gun. If possible, he looked even paler than usual.
He smiled at me before he collapsed. I heard what sounded like a herd of bulls running up the stairs. When I looked over, Edward was kneeling at my side. He had his gun in his hand.

His eyes were wide as he took in Gianna and Caius. "What the fuck happened, babydoll?!"

I couldn't answer because the floor rushed up to meet my head and I blacked out.

3 comments:

  1. If Edward doesn't wreck his own happiness with Bella it will be a miracle. She's a freaking saint for understanding him and putting up with his bullshit.

    I knew something was up with Gigi when she was talking with the guy at the vineyard. I'm willing to bet she is the insider they've all been trying to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i love your bella at first i thought she was just stupid to give into him and not listen to what he said.. but she knows how he can be such a dickhead and sees right through him!! i love that she just takes his shit and rubs it right back at him!! she is way way cool.. and i am glad she brings up the crap he said to her too to make him feel bad. he way deserves that!!!

    he is f-ing hot though!!! so i would fight for him too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Bella. She is fierce and intelligent, and gives as good as she gets. I love that she punched Edward in the stomach for calling jar a cunt. It's good she saw through his bullshit attempt to keep her safe.
    I hope they can save Caius!

    ReplyDelete